ENGLISH 312

LITERATURE AND FILM "THE DYSTOPIAN IMAGINARY"

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Group Reflection

Choosing the group Planet of the Apes was a great decision for me. My entire group loved the story and all had amazing ideas and topic points that are tied to the story. Each member of the group was given a duty, to come up with a topic, to have a few quotes to back up the topic with, and also a clip or 2 from the movie itself. The topic that I came up with was “Social Behavior”. I really felt that the book was tied to social behavior and that I had the entire book as my “quotes”. I came up with some questions that tie down with the topic that will be seen on the power point during the presentation. As a group, we came up with many good ideas, how we want to involve the class with our presentation and see what they have to say to the questions we came up with. Some group members and I agreed on NOT to make it just a simple and boring talk to the class, and we did not want to take turns. Due to the fact that I work horrible hours, I was not able to make it to the first meeting outside of class, but was able to make it to the second one which was on Sunday where we really got things done. I came prepared with some questions in mind and also quotes from the book to back my topic up. As a group, we finally agreed on doing this as a whole, as a team, and not to go form topic to topic, one person to the next. By having a group who all had great ideas, we really put together a great, fun packed, well planned presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment